Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
Bicycle Accident Involving Juvenile Driver in Caldwell
Idaho State Police reported a bicycle accident involving a juvenile driver in Caldwell last Sunday. Police said a child riding a bicycle ran into a juvenile driving a pickup truck at an intersection. The driver of the pickup truck was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident and was not injured. The child on the bicycle was transported by ground ambulance to a nearby medical center for evaluation of injuries. Idaho State Police are still investigating this bicycle accident.
Tips to Prepare Kids to Avoid a Bicycle Accident
Every year about 400,000 kids are treated in the emergency room for bicycle-related injuries. Some bike accidents are inevitable, regardless you can prepare your kids to avoid a bicycle crash with the proper technique. The following are some tips to help prepare your kids to avoid a bicycle crash.
- Make sure your kids are wearing a good bike helmet whenever they are on their bike. A helmet will help protect your child from head and brain injuries.
- Prepare your child’s bike with a tune-up. For example, wipe off the frame, make sure bolts are tight, lubricate the chain, check the brakes and inflate any flat tires. This will help prevent common bike accidents such as a chain breaking or a flat tire.
- Practice helping your kids avoid hazards such as large rocks, toys, potholes, etc. while riding their bike.
- Teach your kids their bike is to be treated like a vehicle, not a toy. Bicyclists have the same rules to follow as a vehicle whenever it enters the roadway.
- Start with teaching some basic rules of the road such as stay to the right, keep a safe distance from other bikes or people, look both ways, etc.
Bike Accident Lawyer in Boise
If you or your child has been injured while riding a bicycle due to a negligent driver, contact the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise to handle your case. Personal Injury Lawyer Mat Parke is an experienced, trusted and aggressive attorney who has served many personal injury clients in Boise for years. Our law firm will fight for every penny you are owed. Contact our law office in Boise today for a free consultation at (208) 322-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Failure to Properly Yield When Making a Left Turn A driver who failed to properly yield when making a left turn caused a serious motorcycle accident on US20 according to the Idaho State Police. The motorcyclist attempted to avoid the collision by swerving but ultimately only caused…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Fatal Motorcycle Accident from Biker Following Too Close Idaho State Police reported a fatal motorcycle accident on westbound I-84 in Caldwell. A motorcyclist was traveling behind a semi-truck too close when the motorcycle struck the rear of the semi’s trailer. The motorcycle came to rest in the…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702