Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
Idaho Rules of the Road: Child Car Seat Safety – Prevent Serious Injuries
One of the greatest goals we can all have to prevent child injuries is child passenger safety while riding in a vehicle. The following are the Idaho Rules of the Road code for child car seat safety:
Idaho Code § 49-672. Child Car Seat Safety
- No noncommercial motor vehicle operator shall transport a child who is six (6) years of age or younger in a motor vehicle manufactured with seat belts after January 1, 1966, unless the child is properly secured in a child safety restraint that meets the requirements of federal motor vehicle safety standard no. 213.
- The provisions of this section shall not apply:
- If all of the motor vehicle’s seat belts are in use, but in such an event any unrestrained child to which this section applies shall be placed in the rear seat of the motor vehicle, if it is so equipped; or
- When the child is removed from the car safety restraint and held by the attendant for the purpose of nursing the child or attending the child’s other immediate physiological needs.
- The failure to use a child safety restraint shall not be considered under any circumstances as evidence of contributory negligence, nor shall such failure be admissible as evidence in any civil action with regard to negligence.
Guidelines for Child Car Seat Safety
- Always make sure the harness is buckled snugly.
- Keep small children in the backseat. In the middle of the backseat is the safest place in a vehicle.
- Remove bulky clothes from children before putting them in their car seat. The extra bulk prevents the car seat straps from securing the child properly. In the event of a car accident, a child wearing something such as a coat could easily slip through the car seat straps and be seriously injured.
- Keep infants rear facing for as long as possible. Rear facing is the safest position in the car for young children.
- Never used an expired car seat.
- If needed, get help installing the car seat to make sure it is as secure as possible. Most local police stations are happy to help with this.
- Always have your child in a car seat or booster when they are riding in a vehicle.
Boise Car Accident Attorneys
If your child has been in a car accident due to the negligence of another, contact the car accident attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm Boise. Our law office offers a free consultation to discuss your case and the rights you may be entitled to. Call now to get started on your car accident case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Why is My Car Accident Settlement Taking So Long? Sometimes a car accident settlement can take longer than expected due to unforeseen circumstances. That is exactly why it depends on the case when it comes to knowing how long it will take for a car accident case…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 How the Police Report Impacts Your Injury Claim Following a motor vehicle accident (car accident, motorcycle accident, semi-truck accident), you want to call the police so an official police report can be made. Two types of reports will be made. The first is the official police report…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702