Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
Fatal Head-on Semi-Truck Accident in Payette
Idaho State Police reported a fatal head-on semi-truck accident in Payette. The driver of a minivan heading northbound on U.S. 95 hit a semi-truck driving southbound head-on. The semi-truck was hauling two trailers full of lumber. Due to injuries from the crash, the driver of the minivan was pronounced deceased at the scene of the semi-truck accident. The driver of the semi-truck was not injured and was reportedly wearing a seat belt at the time of the collision.
Head-on Semi-Truck Accidents
Head-on collisions are the most deadly type of crash due to speed of both vehicles at the time of impact. The sudden change in velocity which occurs upon impact causes serious damages and injuries. When a head-on semi-truck accident occurs, the weight of the semi can be up to 80,000 pounds and the weight of a common passenger car can be 4,000 pounds or less. Obviously, the semi-truck has a better chance of coming out unharmed.
Head-on semi-truck accidents only make up about three percent of all semi-truck accidents per year according to data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Therefore, the chances of being involved in a head-on semi-truck accident are quite low. The following are eleven common ways head-on semi-truck accidents occur.
11 Common Ways Head-on Semi-Truck Accidents Occur
- A driver passes another vehicle on a rural on-way road. A solid yellow line painted on the roadway is to indicate that it is unsafe to pass in that area. However, many drivers still do it.
- The driver is suffering from a medical issue or falls asleep. Head-on car accidents happen most frequently at nighttime when visibility is low and driver fatigue is high.
- An alcohol-impaired driver causes the driver to swerve or leave his or her lane of travel.
- A confused driver travels in the wrong direction on a one-way road or highway ramp.
- This is particularly the cause for head-on collisions on rural roads or winding roadways. A vehicle may not be able to stay in its lane when negotiating curves and oncoming traffic is unable to see the vehicle until it’s too late.
- Bad weather conditions making it hard for the driver to see where his or her lane of travel is.
- When a driver swerves to avoid an obstacle in the roadway. For example, another vehicle, animal, person, or debris.
- A tire blowout or other vehicle malfunction which causes the driver to lose control. Blown out tires are a common occurrence for tractor-trailers.
- Distracted driving causes the driver to drift out of his or her lane of travel and into oncoming traffic.
- In a construction zone that has altered the lane alignment causing the driver to become confused and ends up winding him or her into oncoming traffic.
- Multiple car pileups that involves vehicles being pushed into opposing lanes of travel.
Semi Truck Accident Attorneys or Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyers
The semi truck accident attorneys or tractor trailer accident lawyers of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Don’t wait to call a truck accident attorney doing so could hurt your case. Call our law office in Boise now at (208) 322-7274. We can help take the stress out of the claim and make sure you get every penny you are owed. Parke Gordon Law Firm offers a free consultation to discuss your truck accident case. The clients who have chosen our law firm love us and we think you will too. Take a minute to read over some of our client reviews to see the dedication of our semi truck accident attorneys.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Dog Bite Laws in Caldwell, ID Here are the Caldwell city dog bite laws that are relevant to the ownership and control of a dog. Please check the following link to city ordinances for any updates or changes to the laws: (https://www.sterlingcodifiers.com/codebook/index.php?book_id=377; Chapter 8, Chapter 3, Animal Control Regulations):…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Dog Bite Laws in Boise If you or your child have been injured by a dog and the dog bite occurred in Boise, below are the Boise city dog bite laws that are relevant to the ownership and control of a dog. Please check the following link to…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702