Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
Idaho Rules of the Road: Highway
Driving on the highways can be nerve racking for some. Here are some tips to keep yourself out of a car accident as well as the Idaho Rules of the Road governing highways.
Guidelines to Dodge a Car Crash on the Highway
- Remove all distractions. It is always important to put away all distractions (cell phone, food, radio, etc.) when driving but even more so when driving at high speeds on the highways.
- Keep at least a three second distance between you and the car in front of you. In addition, be aware of sudden stops to avoid crashing into cars around you.
- Keep up with traffic. As a good rule of thumb it is best to keep up with the flow of traffic to help everyone move along. Often times drivers will become inpatient and you will see vehicles darting in and out of lanes. If you notice an impatient driver, try to get out of their way or avoid them if possible.
- Check your mirrors frequently. It is always a good idea to know what is around you and plan a form of action for should an emergency arise.
Idaho Code § 49-636. ONE-WAY HIGHWAYS
Upon a highway designated for one-way traffic, a vehicle shall be driven only in the direction designated at all or such times as shall be indicated by traffic-control devices.
Idaho Code § 49-637. DRIVING ON HIGHWAYS LANED FOR TRAFFIC
Whenever any highway has been divided into two (2) or more clearly marked lanes for traffic the following, in addition to all else, shall apply:
- A vehicle shall be driven as nearly as practicable entirely within a single lane and shall not be moved from that lane until the driver has first ascertained that the movement can be made with safety.
- Upon a highway which is divided into three (3) lanes and provides for two-way movement of traffic, a vehicle shall not be driven in the center lane except when overtaking and passing another vehicle traveling in the same direction when the center lane is clear of traffic within a safe distance, or in preparation for making a left-turn or where the center lane is at the time allocated exclusively to traffic moving in the same direction that the vehicle is proceeding and the allocation is designated by a traffic-control device.
- Traffic-control devices may be erected directing specified traffic to use a designated lane, or designate those lanes to be used by traffic moving in a particular direction, regardless of the center of the highway and drivers of vehicles shall obey the directions of every device.
- Traffic-control devices may be installed prohibiting the changing of lanes on sections of highways and drivers of vehicles shall obey the directions of every device.
Highway Car Accident Attorney Mat Parke
If you’ve been involved in a car accident on the highway due to the negligence of another driver, contact personal injury attorney Mat Parke in Boise to handle your case. Car accident attorney Mat Parke is experienced, aggressive and a trusted lawyer in the Boise area. Mat has handled many car accident cases resulting in impressive settlements for his car accident clients. Contact the law office of Mat Parke at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise today for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 How the Police Report Impacts Your Injury Claim Following a motor vehicle accident (car accident, motorcycle accident, semi-truck accident), you want to call the police so an official police report can be made. Two types of reports will be made. The first is the official police report…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 What to Say to an Insurance Adjustor to Protect Your Injury Claim Within hours after an injury accident, such as a car accident, motorcycle accident, semi truck accident or other injury accident, an insurance adjuster or other representatives of the other party involved will call. What you…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702