Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
What to Do Immediately After a Dog Bite
Immediately after a dog bite it is important to know what to do to benefit your health as well as help any legal action that may need to be taken. The dog bite attorneys at Parke Gordon have handled many dog bite cases. Our dog attack attorneys understand the necessary steps to take to make sure a dog bite victim receives a fair settlement. There are also some things you need to know in case you or a loved one is bitten by a dog.
Immediately After a Dog Bite
There are several reasons a dog may bite such as a puppy teething or a dog defending his territory. No matter the reason, if it is a significant injury the owner needs to be held responsible. Follow these simple steps immediately after a dog bite for your safety.
- Seek medical attention immediately. If you are losing a lot of blood, call 911 immediately.
- When possible, find out the kind of dog that bit you as well as who the owner is. Knowing the dog owner can help determine if you will need rabies shots.
- See a doctor or visit the emergency room if necessary. Not every dog bite needs immediate attention. However, it is never a bad idea just to be safe. Approximately 15 percent of dog bite wounds become infected.
- Gather the contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the dog bite. Their testimonial could help with your case later.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions to heal properly.
- Do not talk to the insurance company of the dog owner or discuss who was responsible for the dog bite with the dog owner.
Dog Bite Lawyers in Boise, Idaho
Parke Gordon Law Firm has the dog bite lawyers you need to help settle your case. We are experienced, trusted attorneys in the Boise area who have handled many dog bite cases. Do not hesitate to call our Boise law firm for a free consultation. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Call today at (208) 322-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Injury Crash and Wrongful Death from Driver Hitting Farm Implement Idaho State Police reported an injury crash and later a wrongful death from a driver hitting a farm implement. A John Deere tractor was pulling a farm implement on US95 when the driver of a Volvo struck…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Why is My Car Accident Settlement Taking So Long? Sometimes a car accident settlement can take longer than expected due to unforeseen circumstances. That is exactly why it depends on the case when it comes to knowing how long it will take for a car accident case…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702