Personal Injury Attorney in Meridian
Meridian personal injury lawyers of Parke Gordon Law Firm have the knowledge and experience you need to win your personal injury case. Our personal injury law office has provided exceptional service to accident victims and injured residents of Meridian, Idaho and other surrounding areas for decades. Read our Client Reviews page to see the dedication of our personal injury law firm.
The injury attorneys at the law office of personal injury attorney Mat Parke, represent clients injured in accidents such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, semi truck accidents as well as other personal injuries. Mat Parke and the other personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm are aggressive, trusted and experienced personal injury lawyers serving Meridian, Idaho clients. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation against big insurance companies with deep pockets. We strive to obtain the best possible settlement for each of our personal injury clients. Let our experienced personal injury attorneys help you beat Goliath and receive the help and compensation you deserve for your personal injury case. Call (208) 322-7274 now to get started on your personal injury case with a free consultation.
How Do I Know If I Have a Good Personal Injury Case?
If you’ve been injured in an accident such as a car accident, semi truck accident, motorcycle accident, or suffering the death of a family member you may be wondering “how do I know if I have a good personal injury case?” If you think you may have a case, call the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise for a free consultation at (208) 322-7274. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case.
Basic Requirements for a Good Personal Injury Case
- You are suffering an injury or injuries due to the negligence or carelessness of the responsible party. For example, a person was sending a text message while driving and ran a stop sign hitting another vehicle and causing injuries to that driver. The driver who was texting is considered negligent for disregarding the responsibility of paying attention to the road while driving and causing injury to another.
- Injury or harm (compensatory damages) resulted from an accident. In the above example, if the person injured suffered a broken arm which resulted in medical bills, lost wages, and/or pain and suffering, the injury would be considered to have caused compensatory damages. These types of damages are things that the injured party may be compensated for.
Essentials to Bring to Make Your First Meeting with a Lawyer
At Parke Gordon Law Firm, our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys understand many clients feel nervous at the first meeting. Most of our clients have never been injured in an accident or needed to hire a lawyer before.
The following list is intended to help put your mind at ease and help you understand the things our experienced and trusted attorneys will ask of you at your first meeting.
While every personal injury case is different, there are some important documents that can often be helpful to your case such as:
- An accident report or police report if your case involves a motor vehicle accident. If you do not have an accident report, you can contact the police department where the accident occurred to obtain a copy of the report. If you have not done this before the time of your first meeting, don’t stress. Our law office is able to obtain a report on your behalf.
- All medical records and bills as well as any paperwork related to treatment you have received as a result of the accident. For example, discharge papers from the hospital, ER, or doctor’s office.
- A list of all doctors that have treated you along with their contact information. You will be asked to sign a release in order for your attorney to access your medical records.
- Medical and car insurance information for yourself and any other driver’s involved in the accident if you have it. If you have copies of your insurance policies, this can also be helpful to your case.
- Any letters from your insurance company or the other party’s insurance company about the claim.
- Pictures you took of the accident or any of your injuries. For example, if the accident involved other vehicles, pictures of the damaged vehicles could be helpful for your case.
- A list of names and contact information of all witnesses to the accident if you have this information available. The police may not have gathered the contact information of all witnesses of the accident. If your attorney can obtain this information directly from you it will be incredibly helpful.
A Written Statement
After an accident and before your first meeting with your personal injury attorney, it is helpful to write a written statement of what happened before, during and after the accident. Details such as the day and time of the accident, the weather, the road conditions, and anything that the other party might have said to you before or after the accident are often helpful to your case. The sooner you take the time to write this statement the better. Often times details are lost in memory the more time passes after an accident.
How Long Does It Take to Settle a Personal Injury Case?
Every personal injury case is different and will take different amounts of time to settle. It can take months or it could even take years to reach a fair settlement agreement with all parties responsible.
A responsible party that often drags out a fair settlement is the insurance company. Often times insurance companies like to make a “lowball” offer to get the client to settle faster. These offers are to persuade accident victims to avoid pursuing a lawsuit or the case further. However, if you have an experienced attorney on your side from Parke Gordon Law Firm, you are in good hands. Our lawyers will fight for every penny you are owed.
By refusing to accept an initial lowball settlement offer from an insurance company, you and your attorney may proceed with a follow-up offer or pre-trial preparation.
Should I Accept an Offer of Compromise from the Insurance Company?
Deciding whether to settle depends on a variety of factors. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney will greatly help to make such decisions. A personal injury attorney from Parke Gordon Law Firm will be able to advise you on this important decision. Or if the offer is completely unreasonable, the attorney will fight aggressively to get a fair settlement offer. The attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm are trusted, aggressive and experienced. We know how to handle the insurance company to ensure our clients will receive a fair settlement offer.
Things to Consider When Making the Decision to Accept an Offer
When you don’t know how your case will be handled in court or if the insurance will make a better offer, it is difficult to know what to do. Consider how the insurance company is arriving at the settlement offer. Have they taken into consideration pain and suffering? The cost of all medical bills, etc.? In addition, have the injuries and damages made permanent changes to your lifestyle or ability to work in the future? These are all things to make sure the insurance company is taking into consideration before accepting a settlement offer.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Meridian, Idaho
If you’ve been injured in an accident, contact the experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise to handle your case. Our law firm offers a free consultation. This is your opportunity to discuss your personal injury case with an experienced and knowledgeable attorney. Parke Gordon Law Firm believes every client deserves fair representation against big insurance companies with deep pockets. Do not wait to call our law office today. Doing so could hurt your settlement offer. Get started on your case now by calling (208) 322-7274. You can beat Goliath!
Call a Meridian, Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Now
Call now to speak to the Meridian personal injury lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm about your case. Our lawyers in Boise will fight the big insurance companies in your behalf. We’re here to help you maximize your settlement and get you the compensation you deserve. Do not hesitate to call. Our Boise law firm offers a free consultation with an experienced attorney. This is your opportunity to discuss your personal injury case with a knowledgeable and trusted attorney in Boise about your case. Call our Boise law office today at (208) 322-7274.
Meridian is the second most populated city in Idaho behind the state capital Boise with approximately 75,092 residents according to the 2010 census. As Idaho’s fastest growing city, Meridian has increased an astounding 81.5 percent since the year 2000.
The staff is amazing I love all of the attorneys we have had to deal with. I wouldn't reccomend anyone... read more
My husband and I were both seriously injured after being hit by a driver that was illegally passing a semi... read more
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702