Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
Car Accident from Vehicle Passing in a No Pass Zone
Idaho State Police reported a car accident which occurred from a vehicle passing in a no-pass zone. The single-vehicle rollover crash occurred on the 2900 block of Sand Road just south of Parma. A Dodge Ram attempted to pass a vehicle in a no-pass zone and failed to negotiate a corner causing the Dodge Ram to roll through a fence. The Dodge came to rest in a private property in a pasture. A passenger and two juvenile occupants in the backseat of the Dodge were taken to a nearby hospital by ground ambulance for evaluation of injuries. The driver of the Dodge Ram was taken into custody for aggravated DUI and two counts of felony injury to a child.
Passing in a No Pass Zone
Many car accidents occur from impatient drivers who attempt to pass another vehicle without proper care. The following are the Idaho Rules of the Road regarding passing with care.
Idaho Code § 49-631. PASSING VEHICLES PROCEEDING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS
Drivers of vehicles proceeding in opposite directions shall pass each other to the right. Upon highways having width for not more than one (1) line of traffic in each direction, each driver shall give to the other at least one-half the main traveled portion of the highway as possible.
Idaho Code § 49-632. OVERTAKING A VEHICLE ON THE LEFT
The following shall govern the overtaking and passing of vehicles proceeding in the same direction, subject to those limitations, exceptions and special requirements stated:
- The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall pass to the left at a safe distance and shall not again drive to the right side of the roadway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle.
- Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on audible signal and shall not increase the speed of his vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.
Idaho Code § 49-633. WHEN PASSING ON THE RIGHT IS PERMITTED
- The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:
- When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn;
- Upon a highway with unobstructed pavement of sufficient width for two (2) or more lines of vehicles moving lawfully in the direction being traveled by the overtaking vehicle.
- The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such movement in safety. That movement shall not be made by driving off the roadway.
Idaho Code § 49-634. LIMITATIONS ON OVERTAKING ON THE LEFT
No vehicle shall be driven to the left side of the center of the highway in overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, unless the left side is clearly visible and free of oncoming traffic for a sufficient distance ahead to permit the overtaking and passing to be completely made without interfering with the operation of any vehicle approaching from the opposite direction or any vehicle overtaken. In every event, the overtaking vehicle must return to an authorized lane of travel as soon as practicable and in the event the passing movement involves the use of a lane authorized for vehicles approaching from the opposite direction, before coming within two hundred (200) feet of any approaching vehicle.
Car Accident Attorney in Boise
Let the experienced car accident attorneys in Boise at Parke Gordon Law Firm to assist with your car accident case. We have handled many car crash cases in the Boise area for years. Our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys will work hard to get you every penny you are owed. Don’t wait to contact our law office to get started on your case. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case with a trusted car accident attorney. In addition, you will pay nothing until your case is settled. Call (208) 322-7274 today to get started.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Damages from Rear-end Semi-Truck Accidents Being rear-ended by a large vehicle such as a semi-truck can cause devastating damages. Even a semi-truck which is not loaded is heavier and larger than most other vehicles on the road and thus causes more damages. Cargo, of course, only adds…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Juvenile Passenger Not Wearing Seatbelt Ejected After Car Crash A juvenile passenger not wearing a seatbelt was ejected from the vehicle after a car crash near Boise. The car crash occurred when a driver attempted to make a left-hand turn but collided with an oncoming vehicle. The…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702