Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
Five Tips to Protect Yourself from a Bicycle Accident This Summer
With the weather warming up outside, many will be out riding a bicycle. It is important to protect yourself from a bicycle accident this summer. A Boise man is in critical condition after a bike accident with a car last weekend. The man was found by a passerby unconscious in the street near 8th and Franklin. The driver who hit him left the scene of the crash but returned about 20 minutes later, reported Boise police. For leaving the scene of a accident, the driver is said to be charged with a felony. There were reportedly no witnesses to the accident. The girlfriend of the Boise man who was hit says he was on his way home after an evening out with friends. It has also been reported that the bike may not have had a light and was therefore not seen by the driver.
Protect Yourself from a Bicycle Accident
If you are planning on riding a bike for fun or to commute over the summer, protect yourself from a bicycle accident with these five tips.
- Always follow the rules of the road. Even when you are not driving a car, a bicycle riding on the road is still responsible to follow the rules. Obey all traffic signals and yield the right-of-way when necessary.
- Watch for cars and pedestrians. Bicyclists pose a threat to pedestrians just like a car poses a threat to a biker. Always be courteous to cars and pedestrians while on a bike.
- Be visible. Wear brightly colored clothing and use lights or reflectors to be seen easily.
- Stay in designated bike areas when possible. If possible, chose a route with a bike lane to keep yourself safe.
- Teach your kids to be safe on a bike too.
Hire a Bike Accident Lawyer at Parke Gordon
Boise personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon have handled many bicycle accidents. Our experienced lawyers understand what it takes to get an accident victim the compensation they deserve. We believe in working hard against insurance companies to receive a fair settlement for our clients. Call our Boise law firm today for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Three-Vehicle Crash with Injuries at Ten Mile Road Idaho State Police reported a three-vehicle crash with injuries at Ten Mile Road in Meridian. A Dodge pickup truck rear-ended a Ford Mustang as traffic was slowing. The Ford Mustang then collided with a Ford Edge who was stopped…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 How the Police Report Impacts Your Injury Claim Following a motor vehicle accident (car accident, motorcycle accident, semi-truck accident), you want to call the police so an official police report can be made. Two types of reports will be made. The first is the official police report…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702