Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
Idaho Rules of the Road: Slow Moving Vehicles
Slow moving vehicles such as tractors are quite common on Idaho roads. If you have been in a car accident with a slow moving vehicle, the following law under Idaho Rules of the Road governing slow moving vehicles could be useful information for you to know.
Idaho Code § 49-619. SLOW MOVING VEHICLES — RESTRICTIONS AND EXCEPTIONS, EQUIPMENT — EMBLEMS ON CERTAIN MACHINERY — LIMITED EXEMPTION.
- It shall be unlawful to operate a slow moving vehicle on the highways at the following times and under the following circumstances:
- From one-half (1/2) hour after sunset to one-half (1/2) hour before sunrise, unless the vehicle or equipment is equipped with lights as required by section 49-916, Idaho Code;
- At a speed in excess of twenty-five (25) miles per hour, unless the vehicle or equipment, including towed units of farm equipment, is designed to safely travel at speeds in excess of twenty-five (25) miles per hour, but no such vehicle or equipment shall exceed the posted maximum speed limit and shall be operated by a licensed driver;
- In such a manner as to obstruct the free movement of traffic on the highways.
- A slow moving vehicle shall be equipped with a braking system and with a mechanical signaling device as required for other similarly constructed vehicles.
- All slow moving vehicles, farm tractors, road rollers and implements of husbandry shall have affixed at the rear of the vehicle an emblem identifying them as slow moving equipment. The Idaho traffic safety commission shall recommend to the board the minimum standards for the emblem.
- Emergency and snow removal vehicles owned and operated by the state or its political subdivisions when en route to, from, or in the performance of activities essential to the public safety, shall be exempt from the provisions of paragraphs (a) and (c) of subsection (1) of this section.
Boise Auto Accident Lawyer
Contact the personal injury law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise when you’ve been involved in an auto accident. The experienced and trusted attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm believe every client deserves fair representation. We will fight against big insurance companies to get you the most compensation. Call our Boise law office today at (208) 322-7274 for a free consultation. This is your opportunity to speak with an experienced car accident attorney about your case for free. In fact, you’ll pay nothing until your case is settled.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Why is My Car Accident Settlement Taking So Long? Sometimes a car accident settlement can take longer than expected due to unforeseen circumstances. That is exactly why it depends on the case when it comes to knowing how long it will take for a car accident case…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 How the Police Report Impacts Your Injury Claim Following a motor vehicle accident (car accident, motorcycle accident, semi-truck accident), you want to call the police so an official police report can be made. Two types of reports will be made. The first is the official police report…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702