Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274
Turning Rules in Idaho
Idaho Code § 49-644: REQUIRED POSITION AND METHOD OF TURNING
The driver of a vehicle intending to turn shall do so as follows:
- Both the approach for a right turn and the right turn shall be made as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.
- The driver of a vehicle intending to turn left shall approach the turn in the extreme left-hand lane lawfully available to traffic moving in the direction of travel of the vehicle. Whenever practicable the left turn shall be made to the left of the center of the intersection and so as to leave the intersection or other location in the extreme left-hand lane lawfully available to traffic moving in the same direction on the highway being entered.
- Where a special lane for making left turns by drivers proceeding in opposite directions has been indicated by traffic-control devices:
- A left turn shall not be made from any other lane;
- A vehicle shall not be driven in the lane except when preparing for or making a left turn from or into the highway or when preparing for or making a U-turn when otherwise permitted by law.
Idaho Code § 49-645: LIMITATIONS ON TURNING AROUND
- The driver of any vehicle shall not turn the vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction unless such movement can be made in safety and without interfering with other traffic.
- No vehicle shall be turned so as to proceed in the opposite direction upon any curve, or upon the approach to or near the crest of a grade, where the vehicle cannot be seen by the driver of any other vehicle approaching from either direction within five hundred (500) feet, or where a no-passing zone has been established.
Boise Personal Injury Law Firm
When you have been in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your personal injury case. Contact our Boise law office today for a free consultation with a trusted, aggressive and knowledgeable Boise attorney.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 How the Police Report Impacts Your Injury Claim Following a motor vehicle accident (car accident, motorcycle accident, semi-truck accident), you want to call the police so an official police report can be made. Two types of reports will be made. The first is the official police report…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 What to Say to an Insurance Adjustor to Protect Your Injury Claim Within hours after an injury accident, such as a car accident, motorcycle accident, semi truck accident or other injury accident, an insurance adjuster or other representatives of the other party involved will call. What you…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702