Free Lawyer Consultation
Two Vehicles Lost Control After Crashing on I-84
Idaho State Police reported two vehicles losing control after crashing into each other. A Lexus R33 SUV was traveling westbound when it struck a Mitsubishi Mirage from behind. The impact of the crash caused both drivers to lose control of their vehicle. Both vehicles came to rest in lanes of travel on the highway. Westbound traffic was blocked for about an hour as crews worked to clear the wreckage. The driver of the Mitsubishi and their passenger were injured in the car accident and transported to a nearby medical center for evaluation of injuries. The driver of the Lexus was reportedly uninjured but found to be intoxicated and thus arrested for driving under the influence.
What to do When You Lose Control of Your Vehicle to Avoid a Car Accident
It is always best to remain in control of your vehicle when driving. However, certain situations or road conditions can cause the driver to lose control. The following is what you should do when you lose control of your vehicle to avoid a car accident.
- Stay calm. Yes, it will be hard to not panic in such a moment. But panicking will only make matters worse. Some people freeze while others over-compensate. Avoid panicking and stay calm.
- Make sure to leave your hands on the wheel. Your first instinct may be to let go of the steering wheel. Don’t do this! You will regain control of the vehicle and when you do, you’ll want to have your hands ready.
- Leave your eyes open. Another instinct many people have is to close their eyes when they panic. Don’t do this! Keep your eyes open so when you regain control, you can see.
- Shift the vehicle into neutral. When the vehicle is in drive, there is power going to the wheels. Shifting to neutral eliminates any power going to the wheels.
- Steer into the skid. Steer in the direction that the back end of your vehicle is trying to go. Usually, this is the best way to regain control of the vehicle.
- Slow down and straighten the car out to regain your footing. It’s not always necessary to come to a complete stop.
- Before exiting the vehicle, always be sure to get out of any danger and make a complete stop. Always check around you before you get out. Other vehicles may hit the same hazard you did and lose control as well.
Boise Car Accident Lawyers
Looking for an experienced Boise car accident lawyer? The car accident lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise have years of experience representing car crash clients and obtaining impressive results for them quickly. The auto accident attorneys at the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Boise understand what it takes to get their clients the compensation deserved. Let us handle your car accident case. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve including lost wages. In addition, you pay nothing until your case is settled. Call an experienced car accident attorney at our Boise law office today for a free consultation. This is your opportunity to discuss your car accident case with an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorney. Call the Parke Gordon Boise office now at (208) 322-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Two Vehicles Lost Control After Crashing on I-84 Idaho State Police reported two vehicles losing control after crashing into each other. A Lexus R33 SUV was traveling westbound when it struck a Mitsubishi Mirage from behind. The impact of the crash caused both drivers to lose control…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation (208) 322-7274 Meridian Teen Caused Ten-Vehicle Car Crash on I-84 A Meridian teen caused a ten-vehicle car crash on Interstate 84 in Boise. The 19-year-old Meridian teen was driving west on I-84 when he left his lane of travel and struck nine vehicles. It took crews a few hours…Read More
Boise, Idaho Law Office
Our Boise, Idaho law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Boise, including clients injured in accidents in Boise, Nampa, Meridian, and Caldwell. Visit or call our Boise office now.
1150 W State St. #300
Boise, ID 83702